The days just keep flying by, and that’s a good thing! The NHL regular season will be here before you know it, and if that doesn’t excite you even if it is still 86 days away, I don’t know WHAT will! 86 days until puck drop at the AAC where your Dallas Stars will open their season up against their division rival, the Chicago Blackhawks.
Today I wanted to give you a look at all the Stars players goal totals in order, and let you know if anything was significant.
Here’s a look at the Dallas Stars’ 2013-2014 roster in regards to goals scored throughout the regular season:
1. Tyler Seguin – 37 goals (career high)
2. Jamie Benn – 34 goals (career high)
3. Ryan Garbutt – 17 goals (career high)
4. Erik Cole – 16 goals (highest in last three seasons)
5. Cody Eakin – 16 goals (career high)
6. Antoine Roussel – 14 goals (career high)
7. Valeri Nichushkin – 14 goals (career high, but rookie)
8. Alex Chiasson – 13 goals (career high)
9. Ray Whitney – 9 goals (third lowest in 23 year career)
10. Trevor Daley – 9 goals (career high)\
11. Colton Sceviour – 8 goals (career high)
12. Rich Peverley – 7 goals (fourth lowest in career)
13. Shawn Horcoff – 7 goals (tied career low)
14. Brenden Dillon – 6 goals (career high)
15. Alex Goligoski – 6 goals (third lowest in career)
16. Vernon Fiddler – 6 goals (fourth lowest in career)
17. Stephane Robidas – 4 goals (sixth lowest in career)
18. Jordie Benn – 3 goals (career high)
19. Dustin Jeffrey – 2 goals (third lowest in career)
20. Sergei Gonchar – 2 goals (ties career low in 20 year career)
21. Kevin Connauton – 1 goal (career high, but rookie)
Anyone not mentioned found the net zero times this past year. But as you can see, almost every Star had a true breakout of a season. And they are all young. Is this the beginning of something utterly beautiful? Check out my articles on why the Stars WILL win the Stanley Cup and why they WON’T win the Stanley Cup by clicking on the links. 86 days till hockey and your Stars return.
Comments and questions below and Go Stars.