Refs and St Louis Blues tag team the Dallas Stars 2-1

The Dallas Stars lost to two opponents today, the Refs and the Blues. The St. Louis Blues beat the Stars 2-1 on what was gift-wrapped by the refs with less than a minute left in the game. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bowness went off on the referees during the post game conference. Here is what happened during the Blues and Stars game.

Dallas Stars vs St. Louis Blues: 1st period recap

This period felt like a snooze fest in a way, both teams were basically just seeing what kind of defense they were going to run. Miro Heiskanen made a mistake by flipping the puck over the glass and gave St. Louis a free power play which the Stars killed.

The Stars and the Blues would go into the first intermission tied up at 0. The Stars would also trail the Blues in shots on goal 10-7. The Stars need to pick up the energy in the second period if they want to come away with a win against the Blues.

Dallas Stars vs St. Louis Blues: 2nd period recap

The Stars would start off the second period by quickly going on the power play. They would get some good shots on the net but wouldn’t get a goal on any of them. Braden Holtby made some pretty amazing saves to keep it scoreless in the second. Jason Robertson would get a goal after further review to make it 1-0 Stars midway through the second period.

Dallas would draw a penalty against the Blues to get a power play to start the third period. The Stars would lead 1-0 going into the second intermission. The Stars would lead the Blues in shots on goal 19-15 after two periods. Stars need to keep up the defense in the third and keep continuing to get shots on the net.

Dallas Stars vs St. Louis Blues: 3rd period recap

There really ain’t much to say about this period but that Braden Holtby kept the Stars in this game with amazing goaltending. The only unfortunate thing that happened is the Stars took a penalty late in the game and the Blues were able to capitalize and tied the game with 46.3 left in the game.

Miro Heiskanen would then go to the box for tripping after he was tripped by St. Louis. The Blues would take the lead on the power play with 28 seconds left and they would go on to win 3-2.