The Dallas Stars recently released their 2021-22 season schedule. The release came with the welcome news that the NHL will be back to an 82-game regular season. Of their 82 games, we hand-picked the 5 must-see games for Dallas Stars fans.
Let’s do this.
Oct. 14 at New York Rangers
Perhaps, we should call this game the “Sean Avery Classic”.
If all goes as planned, the Dallas Stars open the new NHL season at Madison Square Garden, of all places. We state this with hesitation because COVID-19 is still a problem the Dallas Stars know all too well. The Stars start to the 2019-20 season was delayed 9 days due to COVID cases within the locker room.
More from Dallas Stars News
- Dallas Stars Traverse City Tournament: Who had great performances?
- Grushnikov and Stankoven lead Dallas Stars to 6-3 win over Columbus
- Dallas Stars prospects look to wrap up tournament with a win
- Burn the tapes: Dallas Stars prospects lose 5-1 to Toronto Maple Leafs
- Dallas Stars look to continue success today against the Maple Leafs
We believe the Stars will take proper COVID precautions to start camp that enables their new season starts on time.
The Rangers finished 27-23-6 last season and did not make the playoffs. However, there is plenty of offensive firepower in New York with the likes of Mika Zibanejad, Chris Kreider, and Artemi Panarin. The Rangers also added some muscle this offseason by swinging a trade for Ryan Reeves.
The “Broadway Blueshirts” appear to be posturing for a run at the postseason that starts on opening night. We at Blackout Dallas will look forward to the victory green shirts putting the Rangers a step behind out of the gate.